FNB Bank History
FNB Bank, formerly the First National Bank of Romney, opened for business on June 11, 1910 in the old Wirgman Building in Romney with an original capitalization of $50,000.
In 1911 FNB Bank moved to a three-story brick building at the corner of Main and High Streets. The Bank outgrew its facilities and moved to the corner of Rosemary Lane and Marsham Street in 1966. Since that time, the Main Office has been renovated and its main entrance now faces N. High Street. FNB Bank also has three full-service branch locations: Hampshire Square, Capon Bridge, and Fort Ashby.
In 2010, FNB Bank celebrated its 100th anniversary. Continuing to invest in and be part of the communities we serve is what community banking is all about. People working with people. That’s where it all began and that’s where it still is today. A tradition of commitment that has lived for over 100 years.
FNB Bank has completely computerized its operations to serve present and future needs of our customers in Hampshire, Mineral, and surrounding counties. Customers may now bank 24-hours a day with ATMs, FNB Banker (24-hour telephone banker,) MasterMoney Debit Card, and Internet/Mobile Banking. E-Banking channels now allow customers to verify account balances, transfer funds, draw down on lines-of-credit, pay loans, even pay bills, deposit checks, control debit cards, etc.